Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Mahmud

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mahmud
    • View Profile
    • www.dis.edu.bd
    • Email
Sleeping Beauty
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »
Sleeping Beauty

Once there lived a king and Queen who held a great feast to celebrate the birth of their baby daughter, Briar Rose.

Invitations were sent to all the fairies to bless the princess except to one as it was presumed that she was dead. Each of them came to the king's feast bringing special gifts for the little princes the fairies began to give their gifts. "She shall be beautiful, "said the first". "She shall be wise "said the second". "She shall be kind , "said the third". Only one fairy was left to give the gift when suddenly the room went dark then after a great flash of light they same the fairy who was left out.

She was furious as no one had invited her at the feast. Then she said, "well heroes my blessing feast. Then she said, " well heroes my blessing that on her sixteenth birthday she will pick her finger on a spinning wheel and die." Another flash of light and the fairy was gone. Then another fairy who was there stepped forward. " My gift for the princess in still left." "My gift to her is life! When the spindle pricks her finger she will not die but will fall into a deep sleep. That will last for a hundred years. Only a kiss from her true love will wake her.

The following day the king issued a proclamation, ordering that all spinning wheels and spindles be destroyed. Over the years the princess grew into a lovely girl. On the sixteenth birthday everyone was preparing for the Party. She decided to go exploring the palace. "I wonder what is in the great south tower," she said and made her way to it.

She saw a small door and there was a key on it. She turned the key and the door opened she saw some stairs and started climbing them. Meanwhile the king and Queen started looking for the princes. Everyone had seen her but nobody knew where she had been going. The princess had reached the top of the tower, where she saw another door that was slightly open. Then she heard a strange whirring sound, which she had never heard before. She went into the room and saw an old woman working at a spinning label. "What are you doing? Asked Briar Rose, the princess. "I have never seen one of those before, what is it"? "Its a spinning wheel said the old woman who was the wicked fairy in disguise.

The Princes asked her if she could try and spin on the wheel, she sat on the stool in front of the wheel. As soon as she touched the spindle., she picked her finger and fell into a deep sleep. Suddenly everyone in the place fell asleep the cooks who were preparing for the party feel asleep over the stirring and tasting the laundry maids fell asleep over their washing. Year passed and from time to time a king's son would come to the famous Brior hedge to try and find the mysterious sleeping princess. But none got through.

One day a charming prince, asked some villagers. Where can I find this hedge? Just beyond the village young sir "said the villagers. The Prince went to strike at the hedge, but where his sword met the throns great roses bloomed instead. The curse was lifting and a path opened for him. The prince entered the palace went to the tower room and saw the princess fast asleep. He lent over and gently kissed her. Brior rose, the princess eyelids flickered and she woke up and fell in love with him. All round the palace people began to wake up from their sleep. The Prince and the princess got married. The royal wedding lasted for several days ending with a magnificent ball. The Prince and princess danced and danced all night.

www.dis.edu.bd