Author Topic: Red Riding Hood  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Mahmud

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mahmud
    • View Profile
    • www.dis.edu.bd
    • Email
Red Riding Hood
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:43:45 PM »
A sweet little girl named Red Riding Hood lived with her mother in a cottage on the edge of a forest. Everybody called her little Red Riding Hood because she always wore a pretty little redhood, with a cap attached to it.

All the forest folks knew her well. Particularly a wicked old wolf had often watched her and thought she looked good enough to eat. One day the girl`s mother decided to send her to her grandmother`s house. She gave the little girl a basket full of goodies and told her, "Do not talk to anyone on your way".

The wolf hiding in the bushes outside, heard everything and he planned to reach granny's cottage as early as possible. Little red Riding Hood started of feeling ever so grown up to be making the journey all alone. Meanwhile the wolf reached granny's cottage and managed to frighten the old lady.

www.dis.edu.bd

The old lady rushed out of the door to save her life. The wolf was curiously waiting for the little girl. He pulled the curtains making the room dark. He wrapped himself in one of granny`s shawls and put one of her lace caps on his head. He got into her bed and pulled the covers up, soon Red Riding Hood arrived, finding the door open, she walked in " where are you,granny?" she called out. "I am in here, my dear!" replied the wolf. She went into the bedroom she could not see very well as the curtains were pulled. She gave the wolf the basket of goodies that she had brought for her granny. The wolf thanked her.

On hearing the wolf's voice she was a bit confused but she thought the change of voice was due to granny's illness. The wolf asked her to come closer. As Red Riding Hood stepped forward, she could see the big ears of the wolf. "Grand Ma", she said, " what big ears you have got". "All the better to hear you with, my child" replied the wolf. "And what big eyes you have" "All the better to see you with, my dear." The girl was now frightened. "What big teeth you have got," she asked "All the better to eat you with," cried the wolf and jumped on the little girl. Red Riding Hood turned around and ran out of the cottage. Outside the cottage she meet a forester and told him about the wolf. In the meantime the wolf was busy in removing the clothes.

The forester entered the cottage and killed the wolf with his arrow. Thus the little girl enjoyed a few days with her granny and went back.