General Category > Cartoon & Animation

Modern and Classic Top 50 Cartoon Characters

(1/10) > >>

Shamim Ansary:
Cartoon characters are as endearing to adults as children. Many times we can relate to them. Most of the time we just love to laugh at their antics and misfortune. Following is the list of top 50 cartoon characters of all time, judged for their influence, their popularity and their hilarity.
By Nancy Basile.

50. Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill is my favorite character on King of the Hill. He's the SpongeBob of the group, always optimistic, a dreamer. If I could ask creator Mike Judge one question, it would be, "What will Bobby Hill be when he grows up?" He has so many aspirations, I just can't imagine the answer.

Shamim Ansary:
49. Daria

If Daria were alive, right now, would she be Emo or Goth? Probably neither, as Daria doesn't conform to anyone's trend. She's smart and witty, a teenage girl trying to figure out how to be her own person and still have a boyfriend at the same time.

Shamim Ansary:
48. Batman

Can you imagine a time when Batman wasn't the Dark Knight we know now? Hard to believe the many transformations this superhero has seen through the years, especially on television. You can catch this caped crusader now on Cartoon Network in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. His chest is huge!

Shamim Ansary:
47. Wonder Woman

Before those snappy drawers called Underoos were made, back when underpants looked like, well, underpants, I just took red and blue markers to my own white bottoms (as any 5 year old will) and made my own Wonder Woman costume. Thank goodness we lived way, way out in the country. Regardless, Wonder Woman gave little girls their own superhero, one who was strong and gorgeous with lots of cool toys.

Shamim Ansary:
46. Superman

To me, Superman is the ultimate superhero. But is he a true superhero since he only has powers because he's an alien, from another planet? Or is he just a guy who fell to ground on the right planet? I'm sure fanboys debate this issue frequently, but as long as any incarnation of Superman includes a broad chest, incorruptible morals and old-fashioned chivalry, I'm there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version